As the literary world eagerly anticipates the 2024 Edgar Award nominations, suspense and excitement fill the air. The Edgar Awards, presented by the Mystery Writers of America, celebrate the best in mystery fiction and non-fiction. With a rich history dating back to 1946, the Edgars are considered among the most prestigious honors for writers in the mystery genre. Let’s take a sneak peek into the highly anticipated 2024 nominations and explore the thrilling tales that have captured readers’ imaginations.
Below are the nominations for each literary category of the 2024 Edgar Award nominations:
Best Mystery Novel
Best First Novel
Best Paperback Original
Best Critical Biographical
Best Fact Crime
- In Light of All Darkness by Kim Cross
- Number Go Up: Inside Crypto’s Wild Rise and Staggering Fall by Zeke Faux
- Tangled Vines by John Glatt
- Crooked: The Roaring ’20s Tale of a Corrupt Attorney General, a Crusading Senator, and the Birth of the American Political Scandal by Nathan Masters
- I Know Who You Are by Barbara Rae-Venter
- The Lost Sons of Omaha: Two Young Men in an American Tragedy by Joe Sexton
Best Young Adult
Best Short Story
Mary Higgins Clark Award
In addition, the Edgar Awards have announced two new Grand Masters – Katherine Hall Page and R.L. Stine – celebrated for their lifetime of work. Danielle Arceneaux will also receive the Lilian Jackson Braun Memorial Award for her novel Glory Be.
The winners will be announced Wednesday, May 1st at the New York Marriott Marquis Times Square in New York City.
For more awards, as well as more information on the 2024 nominees, please visit EdgarAwards.com.