Anthony Doerr Biography
Anthony Doerr was born on October 27th, 1973 and is currently 49 years old. Anthony Doerr was born in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Doerr attended Bowdoin College where he received a B.A. in History and Bowling Green State University where he received a Master of Fine Arts.
Anthony Doerr is probably best known for his Standalone Novels. There are currently 3 novels available. The first standalone was released in 2004 with the novel About Grace. The most recently released novel was Cloud Cuckoo Land which was released in 2021. There are no upcoming standalone novels by Anthony at this time.
Anthony Doerr has also written the Short Story Collections series which has 2 books including The Shell Collector and Memory Wall.
Anthony Doerr was the runner-up in the 2015 Dayton Literary Peace Prize awards, fiction category, for his novel All the Light We Cannot See.
Anthony Doerr Awards & Accolades
Doerr's books have won multiple awards, All the Light We Cannot See won the Goodreads Awards, Best Historical Fiction, in 2014 as well as the BookBrowse Awards - Best Fiction Book in 2014, Alex Awards - Best Book in 2015, Audie Award - Best Fiction in 2015, Nielsen Awards - Silver Bestseller in 2017.
The following novels by Anthony Doerr were also nominated for these awards:
- Fifteenth Annual Collection: Bram Stoker Awards, Superior Achievement in an Anthology (2002). World Fantasy Award, Anthology (2003). British Fantasy Award, Best Anthology (2003).
- All the Light We Cannot See: National Book Awards, Best Fiction (2014). Dayton Literary Peace Prize, Fiction (2015). Goodreads Awards, Best of the Best (2018).
- Cloud Cuckoo Land: Goodreads Awards, Best Fiction (2021). National Book Awards, Best Fiction (2021). British Book Awards, Fiction Book of the Year (2022). Dayton Literary Peace Prize, Fiction (2022).
Anthony Doerr Lists & Other Mentions
- All the Light We Cannot See was a New York Times: #1 Fiction Best Seller in 2014 and 2015.
- Cloud Cuckoo Land was a New York Times: 100 Notable Books in 2021.
Anthony Doerr F.A.Q
When was Anthony Doerr Born? How old is Anthony Doerr?
Anthony Doerr was born on October 27th, 1973. Anthony Doerr is currently 49 years old.
Where was Anthony Doerr Born?
Anthony Doerr was born in Cleveland, Ohio, USA and is American.
What book awards has Anthony Doerr won?
All the Light We Cannot See
: Goodreads Awards Best Historical Fiction (2014), BookBrowse Awards Best Fiction Book (2014), Alex Awards Best Book (2015), Audie Award Best Fiction (2015), Nielsen Awards Silver Bestseller (2017).
What was the first book Anthony Doerr wrote?
The first novel written by Anthony Doerr was The Shell Collector, published in 2001.
What was the most recent book Anthony Doerr wrote?
His most recently released work was Cloud Cuckoo Land on September 28th, 2021.
Will there be any more books by Anthony Doerr?
Anthony Doerr does not have any upcoming novels with a set publication date within the next few months at this time.
How many books has Anthony Doerr written?
Anthony Doerr has written 6 books. 3 Standalone Novels, 2 books in the Short Story Collections, 1 book in the Non-Fiction.
Have a Question?